Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Himalayan Experience and Yogananda

11:13 am, 8/18/2009, 5 Cauac/Rainstorm, Storm (composition info, including Mayan calendar day)


I think I have just finally had an experience that won't translate into words.  Perhaps I can touch it.  We shall see.  (Offered the Mantra for Sovereignty, to bless the effort.*)

So, the morning readings clearly prepared me for this experience.  In No More Secrets No More Lies  I read of how we are all one, across all that appears to take place linearly, in time.  My other readings also probably supported this; I am now too high on the experience right now to do the necessary research to prove it, or not.

So, as per the earlier journal of this day (not posted), I worked out that Abraham-Hicks was not for me, not now, nor on my particular path.  So I set them (since Abraham is plural) aside.  Okay, so far, so good.

I then wrote a few lines on Skype to the offline Michaela, illumining some early parts of my Questions document that I had shared with her, earlier.  I then wondered what to do.

Though habit or a sort of duty invited to me to open the browser, check the eMail, and so on...I rejected that, being too high, at that time, to want to come ‘down’ sufficiently to grovel about in such mundane things.  ☺

So I opened the player, choosing the Autobiography of a Yogi audio book over the Adyashanti one, I am so grateful I did.  I had reached chapter 34, 'Materializing a Palace in the Himalayas,' so I listened to that.

Hardly very far into it, which told of the initiation of Lahiri Mahasaya into Kriya Yoga, I began sobbing deeply, feeling self somehow participating in the story's action.  I was there, in the Himalayas, with Babaji and the rest.  I listened in tears to the entire rest of this chapter as in a daze, in the two places, here and there, simultaneously.
Ö
I watched the self put the right hand over the heart, and over the gold coin I wear there, with the Mayan calendar on its surface.  I saw myself repeating, over and over, throughout, ...hmmm, having difficulty recalling the exact words.  Something to the effect that I am there, I am that, as well, said again and again, deeply, reverently, intently and intensely.  (“I am there now,” I think it was.)

After a bit, I began alternating this phrase with “I lack nothing.”  This, all said hand over heart, eyes closed, in deep communion.  It was a beautiful, intense experience.

No, these words do not do it justice.  They provide the skeleton, but not at all the experience.  That is for the astute, the intuitive reader to glean, directly, from the vibration that is also recorded here, amidst these words.  So be it.

Yes, I will write.  This forms part of my supposed ‘future’ in this lifetime.  Yet there is more, so infinitely much more, to be experienced.  Sometimes, the words will seem to work, to do the trick, and at least partially convey what I desire to share, but mostly it will be as in the above experience, where only the intuitive, the awakened or awakening, will be able to connect.  And so be it.  I am content.  It is what it is, and one can only do what one can do.  All is well.

I have crossed over something.  What, is still hazy to me, but I have passed a test, or something.  Things are changing much for me.  No, it is quite true, Abraham-Hicks is not the way for those on my (mystic’s) path, Homeward.  It is well to leave them, and their teachings to those called to that, to those for whom that complements their path, their desires, and current cycles. 

I have renounced too much, already, to go back and pick up desires, again, and seek their fulfillment.  Source shall lend me my desires, henceforth, in this lifetime.  I shall follow that inner spirit, wherever it leads.

I am led, most likely, to produce certain marvels and precipitations, but not out of direct desire for them.  They shall be side lights, and interesting things, but not central to anything.  They shall be effects, not causes, and not directly sought; that is it: not directly sought, as desires.

There is the crux:  what is desired?  Godlight, union with God.  How to precipitate these?  Not as easily done as a palace in the Himalayas, perhaps.  Actually, though, these need no precipitating, as they already exist, full blown, within.

What was the meaning of the experience?  Could it be that I, too, have been, and perhaps on more than one occasion, in more than one embodiment, in the presence of Babaji, of Lahiri Mahasaya?  Possibly.

That is to miss the point, however, which is the oneness of all things, of all times, of all incarnations, the simultaneousness of it all, of time, itself.  That is the major ‘meaning,’ if one would look to pull a meaning from it. 
Ω
The experience is whole within itself, though.  It needs no interpretation, no meaning pulled from it.  That is just the mind at work, and the mind can never, will never be able to enter in to such experiences.

Mental mind must simply sit, placidly and quietly at rest in the background as these occur...or they will not occur.  The mind is no gate to anywhere I desire to go.  It is but a tool, and a wonderful useful one, at that, but still, just a tool.
♪♫
Thus, to seek to pull such meanings from experiences is somewhat futile.  I doubt it will lead anywhere worthwhile.  The experience is and contains all the meaning I desire.  It IS the meaning.  To try to take a meaning from it, is to be one step removed...which is what mind does.  It learns about things, it does not directly experience the things.

Okay, that is all.  It is enough.

1:33 pm

Well, almost enough.  On listening to chapter 36, and the tale of the death of the body of Lahiri Mahashaya, I again broke out in sobs.  Clearly, I am also one of his devotees, there (in ‘that’ life).  This is a blessing—and much to absorb.  I am grateful.

Again, when Yogananda receives (by vision) word of Sri Yukteshwar’s body’s impending death, I was again moved to tears.  What a powerful day.

* The Mantra for Sovereignty, a beautiful, protective invocation, appropriate anytime:
“I am a sovereign being
exercising free will as I ascend the spiral of Spirit;
I intend that the Higher Purpose be served and
that the light Prevail”
From No More Secrets No More Lies, by Patricia Cori, p. 48

No comments:

Post a Comment